God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Standard Chartered Run 2009

I went for the Standard Chartered 10km Run on the 6 December 2009. Last year I didn't run my 21km because my heath wasn't in a very good state to run 21km and I got an assignment to rush before I headed to BKK with Alvin last year.

As I was walking to our starting point from Raffles City shopping centre, it reminded me that Cafe Cartel is no longer there. Realised it about 1 month ago when I went for the Great Eastern Run. A little pity though, because this place was the place where I met Alvin for the first time and I remembered that he was so sweet to accompany me for dinner while he just ordered a drink for himself.

Anyway, these are some of the photos taken by Juat and myself. In fact, this time round, I didn't take alot of photos. Even Juat realised that. Maybe it was because the pouch that I was carrying was so good for my phone that it made it a little difficult to take my phone out. We met at 5-10 mins past 8. The run was at 8.30am. We were glad that we were blessed with good weather.

These are some of the photos taken on that day:


The crowd




More crowd


Crowd


Us among the crowd?


Yeah. Now u can see the crowd


Getting ready. Saw the girl in front with her tattoo?

And soon..... Off we ran. We were cutting crowds as many as we can. Or rather as many as I can. As I know I cannot go fast after perhaps 7-8km, I usually make up for the speed in from of the run, which actually shouldn't be the case. Anyway, we stopped over at 4km for some drink and we saw the sign:


Asking me to slow down?
(with drink still in my mouth)

Some photos of Singapore Flyer:





 
My Backview


Finally, the 5km mark:

*Pose*

There was this interesting runner in front, which I cannot resist not to take photo. Maybe I should rephrase myself. It wasn't her that I cannot resist. It was the "thing" that she was carrying behind her back. It's the ELMO!!!!!! And the ELMO made some noise as she ran. Cute!



Then Juat asked me to stop over to take photo with a volunteer or supporter because they had interesting "hand".


After 8km, I asked Juat to go ahead with the run, to speed up as I did not want to slow her down. Already appreciated her for running with me for the first 8km. Thanks gal.

Finally, we were back at the end point with some "carnival".

A super HUGE "thing" caught my attention and it is:



These HUGE New Balance Shoes


Let me help you to tie shoes lace


Juat


ME!


Nature Valley for you Sir?


The following would be lotsa of photos with Standard Chartered background. Please bear with me for a while:





 

 

 

 

And I saw the kid dash... and decided to take photos with it too!



Why the dash never end.....


Time to turn around


Yeah!

I know I'm lame. =X

Some kids game:




I like the effect of this photo:
 


ME!


Me again.




Me and Juat

We went to Raffles City's Toilet for a little clean up and answering the nature call before we proceed for our breakfast. And I saw this car and went in to take photo:




Then after that, we went to our usual breakfast place and I decided to settle my lunch there too:





I know it is alot but only for that day. Because I was really hungry after the run.Btw 1 of the cup of coffee and the plate of bread belongs to Juat. =X

4 comments (click to comment):

Armanique said...

hahaha im glad u noe u are lame hahaha

Eileen said...

WTH.... lolx...
I have very good self awareness okay... haha....

Yurong said...

Wow, haven't been blogging for a long time so I had not visit your blog for a super-duper long period too. I'm impressed that you can run that distance and taking photographs! Seems that you enjoyed yourself.. :)

Eileen said...

hey gal,

nice to see you here. haha... mine only 10km la... ppl run 21km or even 42km....

haha... this is alrdy quite little le... used to take quite alot of photos... but usually after the runs... check out my run tags to see more photos... or facebook to see...
going to the gathering this sat?