God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

25th Birthday Celebration

My 25th Birthday, 10 December had just past. Thanks to all my friends who had sent me birthday wishes via Facebook and sms-es. Really appreciates it. To those who haven't send, I know you are busy or didn't want to send on purpose. Either way, you are forgiven. See how gracious I am? LOLX....

Anyway, I was on leave on that day. Don't like the idea of working on my birthday and it has been like that since I started working.

As usual, mom didn't know that it was my birthday if it wasn't me who told her the night before not to wake me up in the early morning. Anyway, my family don't have habit of celebrating birthdays. Sigh. As I missed my facial the month before as I went to Kluang, I decided to have a facial done on this special day. Wanted to do my Spa too but the masseur is off on Thursday. Thus, I only did my facial. My appointment was at around 2pm and my facial ended at around 4.20pm.

After which, I took train down to City Hall to wait for Sunita after her course. We didn't really arrange a place yet as we only said Central. If you had known me, usually if I have time to spend, I would usually stepped into bookstores like MPH and you can find me in areas that has self-help, horoscope or zodiac books.

Sunita messaged me after she finished her course and we arranged to meet at Orchard first and then headed to Demsey Hill.

After meeting up, we walked around Ion for a while, which I also did while waiting for her. This was my first time to actually walked around Ion. Most of the other time, I was just pasting by or headed elsewhere.

We then took a cab to Demsey Hill. This was the first time I actually dined and drink in Demsey. We stopped over at House Camp Barracks for dinner and wine. We arrived there quite early - around 6.30pm, alittle too early for dinner though. The place was quite cool as we sat outside and we could see the view of the nature aka forest. The interior of the restaurant, I must say it is quite interesting and I think they try to keep some of the features of the old barracks like the floor. As a lady that likes to take photos, how can I miss the chance of taking some photos right? So here they are:


Me and Sunita


The area outside the barracks


A wider look


The wine menu with the tea light candle lamp




The Barracks Menu
(Looks interesting isn't it?)



Me with the Menu
(which looks like a newspaper)
Click here for the menu.

Let us take a look at their toilet:


Hand Tissue under the lamp


Chairs in the toilet


And I found a medal in the toilet!!!
(but guess where the medal was found?)

Hanging somewhere?

No.....

It was on the mirror!

 

And here's our food!!! We ordered some appetizers, salad and soup first, with 2 glasses of wine (it's 1-for-1 promotion for the wine and house pour)



Truffle Fries

The truffle fries has some "gassy" taste.... you know the smell or taste of GAS? Ya... those gas stove smell? Apparently Sunita said it is the taste of Truffle. Truffle is a type of fungi and she said it can cost thousands and even million of dollars for the Truffle. I wondered why people like to eat "gas". Puzzled. lolx.

The other dish is Baked Brie with bread:





The baked brie is actually Cheese. The cheese actually looks like a piece of chicken until you tasted it. And the bread comes in different type: Walnut, raising and butter I think.


And I ordered a soup for myself!


Sweet corn crab soup

I loved this soup. Because I loved sweet corn soup and I loved crab. Putting 2 of my favourites together. It is just fantastic!


One of the other dishes that I like is the Macamadia crusted pumpkin salad:


I loved this because it is SWEET!!!

How would I forget about the red wine:



Sunita ordered a glass of wine for each of us as it was one-for-one. =)

Well, we had a long chat on people we like. The type of guy that we like seemed to fall in the same category. It has been a long long time since I shared the story. I guess only Hui Hui and aZ knew about the story as I don't really like to share relationship stuff unless it is something that is quite stable.

Hmm, we had a cocktail too. Because we mistaken that one-for-one is applicable for wine and cocktail. It is actually but only wine-for-wine and cocktail-for-cocktail. This is the cocktail:



It was 9 plus when we were about to leave the place to our next destination - DESSERTS!!!!! Before we left the place, how could I take photo of the signboard?


House Camp Barracks


Looks quite dark here

As we were walking along and towards our destination - PS Cafe, I took a photo of this:


Dempsey Hill Sign

We wanted to go to PS Cafe but it was closed for private event. Nonetheless, we managed to catch a glimpse of the event.


Grass field full of paper bags with tea light candles


Like this!

Since PS cafe is not available, we headed to Oosh......



Posing again......





Then we headed to the second level for dessert!!!!

Haha.... Sunita must have told them that it was my birthday that at least 5 staff bought over the desserts and sang birthday song. =)


What was my wish?
(My wish is.... I hope I will be......
I am not gonna tell you.... shhhs....)

Me with the birthday dessert:

Smiling!

A photo together:


Thanks gal for spending my birthday with me! I don't need to have many people to celebrate birthday with me. I am happy with just people who are important and close to my heart to celebrate my birthday. This is more than enough.

So, if you think you are important to me and close to my heart and didn't celebrate my birthday this year..... you better celebrate my 26th birthday with me next year!!! =)

1 comments (click to comment):

Anonymous said...

Dear Author narrativestories.blogspot.com !
For the life of me, I do not know.