God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Friday, December 01, 2006

End of Clinical Placement


With a blink of an eye, CE 3B has come to a closure and it leads us to a road of new beginning ...
It will lead us to the start of the pilot and actual study of my Final Year Project. It will also lead to the new semster in Year 2007. Till then, hope that the month of December will still be great and allows me to recuperate from all the lack of sleep during this clinical and get myself ready for the next challenge ahead.


Looking back in the past 2 months, it has been an enriching experience for me to be working with children, esp. those under the age of 6 under the Early Intervention Programme for Infant and Children (E.I.P.I.C).

Although I have experience in handling children when I was young, handling children with special needs is a different ball game altogether.

During this placement, I've learnt more about the sensory system of a person and how it can affect a child in their every day life.

During this placement, at the end of each day, I often felt exhuasted for I play almost every session with my clients.

Play is an important occupation for a child.

During this placement, I learnt to be more playful. Slowly letting myself out of my serious shell..... climbing out slowly.... and learning how to play... ... with children....

But time is always cruel.... by the time we settle down, improving ourselves, becoming more confidence.... we had to leave....

Nevertheless, the things taught, the people met, as well as memories will be here to stay ... ...

Memories of the past 8 weeks

Exploring the Play sensory and Sensory Integration Room :






The rare sight

Ceyu and me leaving after 5.

Singapore Idols spotted at CPC




Gifts for the clients






Our tables

Messy table few days before last day

Messy table still few hours before last day

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Speck and clean


Before we leave the OT Department

Photos with OTs and TAs

Pampi, my supervisor and me

Dedi (AKA Uncle Dedi) and me

Wei Ling and me

Grace and me

Me with the TAs


Us with our proud small project



Me with myself trace by a schooler who has problem in body scheme and position in space


Before we step out of CPC


A close look

Now, I no longer have to wait to take this bus in the morning ... ...



But I will miss the children... ... and miss the journey to CPC.

(Sorry, I am anable to upload the photos of the adorable kids due to client's confidentiality)

0 comments (click to comment):