God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, December 24, 2006

NPCC - A Life Committments?

I was browsing through some photos posted by my friends regarding CIBTC and HOBTC. Memories just flew through my minds, on all the things that I have done for the past 10 years ever since I was in the corps since I was in Sec 1.

10 years of time spent in the corps. Many would say that is LONNNG. But I would say that is nothing. Compare to some who are really in this organization for a long long time and still is.

For me, passion is there. But time and committment is not. I think I don't even have time for a breather now at this particular moment, with so many things in hand and so little time. There are other things that I need to prioritize.

I know myself. I would not commit to anything if I am not at least 80% sure that I would be able to put in my time and effort in it. If I participate or join certain thing and don't commit to it, I will feel very bad. Thus, at this moment, I don't want to commit myself to other things that I'm not able to give my time to.

Sometimes in life, we have to give and take. Learn to let go and carry on with life. Be happy and contented that you have once went through it. Been there, done that. But I guess, you will learn and grow with different roles that you play in the same/different organizations.

All the best to those who are attending the HOBTC. May you be able to inspire more people to become the pillars of the future, the leaders of the future. And let me stay as a CI for now and hopefully, have the time to be one. And let me be happy and contented for now. No one knows what future holds for you and me, but if future allows, maybe one day in the near future, we will all put on the same uniform and hold the same title, and hopefully bring the corps into greater heights.

At least for now, I will be concentrating in my future career. Also dealing with people. But with different objectives, different goals.

I guess there will always be enough passionate people in the corps, who are willing to serve the corps and inspire more leaders like themselves.

But I believe, there are not enough healthcare professionals yet in the society. (Although it may be hard to find jobs when we are graduating, due to us being a BIG cohert and not many title there for "seniors" to get promoted... so all will stay put, but that's not the point)

So, although I, one person cannot do much, but at least I can do that much. =)

0 comments (click to comment):