God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Role Conflict

I was at a cafe at the airport just now with SC, studying......

We were there a couple of hours..... then came the waiter saying,

" No STUDENTS allowed!"

At that moment, I feel that there was a role conflict..... 'cos I am a customer, thus I have my rights to stay.... But at the same time, my role is a student....

Thus, to spite the waiter.... cos I just can't stand his attitude, I decided to cast away my student role for that moment and enjoy my customer role.... so I kept away my notes and slowly eat my pastry.....

My attitude would be better IF he had said this instead,

"I'm afraid no studying is allowed here."

Cos no studying = no studying BUT students are allowed......
BUT NO students = NO students whether you are studying or not.....

See the difference?

BTW it is not so much about what he said BUT how he said it....

0 comments (click to comment):