God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Few hours of disabled

I was on a wheelchair and crutches last friday. Worry not. I was not injured, nor was I disabled. It was just a little homework I had to do.

My assignment is to plan an outing for HWA clients to use the NEL MRT( on paper la...).

The journey of me in a wheelchair starts all the way from the time I borrowed the wheelchair from Zaniel. (Anyway, if you didn't know, I was on a wheelchair on Thursday too... it was for my presentation. I did wheelchair dancing on it.) It was tedious just to get myself out of NYP....
The lift from level 1 to B1 is abit scary... it didn't opened when it reaches B1... until like 10 secs later? Don't know if it opened after I pressed the buttons...

The slope at the sheltered area was also quite steep.... but well... an adventurer like me will find it challenging.... haha... there was this lady that wanted to offer to push me up the slope and I said it was okay.... I didn't to accept her help as I do not want to"cheat" on her feelings.

Up the slope to the MRT is also very tedious.... I was on the wheelchair until We (I was with my other 4 friends actually) boarded the lift. I then exchanged the role with wendy.

Wendy then became the "disabled". Something unexpected happened when the train came. Wendy wanted to board the train and her w/c wheels got stuck into the gap bet the platform and the train!!!! Huihui and zhenru who had boarded the train looked with shock! Me, who was still on the platform was also shocked at first but I responded when I heard " Doors closing....."

I immediately pulled wendy out... If not .....
Huihui and zhenru immediated "alighted" before the door closes.....

Hmm... we then problem-solve the situation... we decided to go in the train using the back approach... and... we boarded!!!! = )

We then alighted at douby gaut.... I was on crutches when I boarded the 1st lift at douby gaut... all the way until a lift in plaza singapura.... it was tiring to be on crutches.....

Hmm.... I con't to be on crutches after my lunch.... till the lift at habour front..... I was on wheelchair again.... It wasn't very nice feeling to be on wheelchair.. where everyone "looks down" on you like a child.... Tried using the disabled toilet.... hmm... the wheelchair can go in.. but think the disabled can only transfer himself onto the toilet using side approach... but only the left hand side has grap bars.....

Was crossing my fingers hoping that no disabled is waiting for the toilet outside....

I was also trying to act as disabled as possible, so as not to cause a distress to the public....

Well, we also took some photos.... to be uploaded after my friends transfer to her computer...
=)

BTW, that day is also a day where we see the most number of wheelchair users out in the public.... I think we saw 3...... that is a good sign...... =)

0 comments (click to comment):