God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Monday, June 27, 2005

N.E.X.T Challenge

I was helping out at the N.E.X.T Challenge (NC) organized by th NorthEast YECs.

Supposed to meet my committe at 7.45am for briefing..... but er... well... I overslept. Woke up at 7.50am instead.... set my alarm the night before for it to ring at 6.45am.... but then... haha... you noe la...
luckily not very late la... hehe...

After the briefing, Johnny drove us to Springfield Secondary, the place were Jon and I stationed as Station Masters for the NC. When we reached there, 2 instrs were already there, setting up the ropes for the sports climbing (but known as rock climbing to mostly). One of them is Jon's Friend,Stephen... he was from NCC... same as Jon, a CLT oso....

Then nth much... then came the belayer.... she is Pei Geok....
We had some conversations.... dun play play... she's from HCJC one... going to NUS Science....
Guess what?? I finally found a 2-star kayaker who dunno how to swim, just like me!!! lolz.... ;p

Ya... saw some Ex-TPJCians taking part in the NC.... one of them is the vice-president of tpjc seasports(2002/03) which i belonged to when I was in TPJC... haha...

Mmmm... then our lunch came real late... ard 2pm-2.30pm...
we had nasi ayam or issit brani?? dunno la.. haha... but Pei Geok had MAC!! waOh.... see the difference? haha....

Then came the time to pack up.... of course before we packed up... how can Jon and me missed the chance to climb!!! haha... and we did... lolz...
well.... i tried the NC rules.... but in the end... decided to give up... haha...
then I went on climbing my own route... that is the right side... managed to climb all the way to the top where the anchor point was set up...
wah... it has been donkey years since I last climbed.... was it 2 years?? WahahA.....

Then after that, helped Pei Geok in taking down of the rope and carabiners(dunno the actual spelling)....
I was at the ground.... Pei Geok was the one climbing... ;-)
Since she has never done lead climbing before, I assited her at the bottom with instructions... wah seh... long time nv do lead climbing... was like... keeping my finger crossed... haha..
Well... the bottom line is.... there must always be an anchor point....
Then we packed up......

Was waiting for Stephen to pick us(or was it onli pei geok? haha...) but then.... just when he was approching.... he hit the curb.... and think there are sth wrong with his wheels..... and.... think he didn't fasten his seat beat or did he? or was it he was too tired... and think he hit his head.... ouch... think he got abit confused for a while.... did he?? dunno... din talk to him... someone ask me not to broadcast... ;-) pretend I nv say anything....

so... pei geok and I went to TM by bus.... while stephen went to park his car at the carpark, as it was infront of the bus stop.
When i reached, my committee ppl was not there....
so I called them.... and they were at BK.... went to look for them... shortly after.... went back to the tentage area.... saw yurong...faizal... jinwei...jingjing... wilson....

Then after that.... went hm lor... then take a nap... and here I am... writing this entry... lolz...
*anyway.... din know that stephen is from tampines west YEC..... adventure secretary oso.... haha.... and guess what?? he stayed like 1 road away.... and i din see him b4 in my 20 years.... coming to 21
and... he kinda looked like jimmy when i saw him... lolz....*

0 comments (click to comment):