God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Learn sign language.....

Today, went to NYP to learn sign langauge. There were volunteers from the Singapore Association for the Deaf.

We were given a talk on the culture of the Deaf in Singapore and taught how to sign the Singapore Pledge. We were taught the song that we are going to sing during the National Day. It was called Uniquely you. It is a very nice and meaningful song.

I guess this has increase my interest in taking up sign language course.... kl and theresa.. still interested?? hehe...

I'm looking forward for the next training..... shall go and brush up on my signing skills for the national pledge. ;-)

Anyway, I am impressed, inspired and motivated by one of the instructors. This instructor is a 3 yr Law student (seen from the website he gave us).... and he actually have time to volunteer himself in such a BIG event.... *Slaute*

I believe that the society needs more such people.... and me? Do I still have the nerve to say I cannot commit to volunteer myself in NPCC?

I don't know.... at least not at the moment....

*BTW, the instructor(anyway his name is adrain) looks familar..... wonder did he took part in the charity adventure last year.... hehe... *

0 comments (click to comment):