God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Personal Development

I always enjoy using activities and/or sports for my personal development.

I just started my rock climbing with Lynn which I last climbed few years back.... it was a really great experience again....

It allows me have a clear mind.... plan ahead.... and of course determination..... and in case of failures.... to take a step back/hang on/ to take a rest and continue later/ persevere/ choose another route.

Isn't life that way as well?

Another important lesson learnt is trust. I can still remember how we handled the Air Traffic Control (ATC) and trying to figure out how to attach to our harness... we haven't been belaying people for such a long time.... but it is the trust that we have for one another... that we feel safe in the hands of each other.


Talking about personal development, how often in school do students develop the character because they want to? Taking for example, community involvement programme. How often do we see students helping out in the community because they HAVE to and not because they WANT to? Already said it is a personal development, isn't that suppose to be determined by oneself and not others? Come to think of that, it happens in the workforce as well.


Anyway, I just had run with wC this morning... and I ran/jog/walk a total of 20 rounds in the stadium ===> 8 km. I didn't know how I managed to do it but I believed that with determination (and of course optimal health condition), I will be able to do it, in a matter of time. =)

0 comments (click to comment):