God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Mid-way eval and busy weekends.....

Friday, 23 June 2006.

Mid-way evaluation completed and thus it marks the end of the 3rd week. Fast indeed. 2 of my patients are also discharging during the weekends. I wish them well.

My mid-way evaluation was cool. From there I know which area I should improve on. The most important one - to speak slowly. Haha.... Ya.... I know that. That has always been my "weakness" in life.... haha.....

But well, eval always marks the increase of stress level. The thought of improving and even to maintain the level of performance can be stressful. But well, I think the best treatment is also to be myself.

3rd week also reminds me that i had to do my case presentation in the organization, CRD in school, as well as my mgt assignment. All not really done yet. I have not really decided on which patient I want to present yet. Guess have to decide fast.


Friday night and Weekends

Met up with Hui2 after clinicals. Just to catch up and share our experiences, good and bad.

I went into ubin at 11+pm. Reached ubin after 12am. Yes. I was in ubin. There was a lack of 1st aiders. Last min activiation.

Was in 1st aid post the whole camp.

I was really upset regarding doing of "personal work". Just imagine that there are no casulties. Do you expect me to stare into space and do nothing? And wait for casulties to come in? Furthermore, let me remind you that I wasn't to be there in the 1st place.

Secondly, I am not obliged to go at the last minute notice.

Thirdly, I was suppose to go and "do my own work" aka research in the library if I wasn't to be ubin.

Lastly, I came right after my attachments. I was having attachments, mind you.

Thus, it doesn't harm for me to do my work. 'cos I wasn't disturbing anyone.

And well, if you are unhappy about anything, you SHOULD bring it up when you are in the room and not compliments and praises about the 1st aid stuff and yet at the end of the day stabbing ppl at the back.

I do not know if the comments were targetted at anyone. Neither do I know that the comments were to me or not. Nevertheless, the 1st aiders should be appreciated for our work for at least both of us who are not obliged to be there are there.

There can be rules BUT it can be flexible at times. It can be compromised at times.

Thus, if given a choice for you to choose,

  1. 2- 3 first aiders for the whole camp, with 24 hrs duty, AND
  2. 5 first aiders for the whole camp with 1st aiders being able to do their own stuff when there is no casulty, and able to be on shifts, etc.

which one will you choose?

Personally, "doing of personal stuff" is okay so long the duty of care is not compromised. It is simple as that.

Perhaps, we should let them stay in the 1st aid post for 1 day without doing anything. See what will happen. Furthermore, if duty of care is there for the more superiors, then does marking of exams papers and homework during camp a neglience as they are suppose to ensure the safety and welfare of the kids?

0 comments (click to comment):