God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Accident

My dad met with a road accident last Tuesday. Thank god he only suffered minor injuries. No external bleeding or require any operation.

Thank God that I picked up that unfamiliar number on my phone. I usually don't. But somehow I did. I was shocked when I heard that the call was made from NUH. But I remained very calm. VERY. Even I can't believe myself.

I was contemplating whether to call my mother yet or to wait till everything has been settled. In the end, I did. And I asked her to go home first and I will meet her at home and go to NUH together.

Dad was at the A&E and I managed to speak to the emergency doctor who attended to my dad. He said my dad had 2 ribs fracture, some air spaces in his lungs and abit of abrasion, and alittle concussion as he cannot remembered what happened. He was later warded for a day for observation and discharged the following day.

For this incident, other than my colleagues who were present when I received the call, the only person who knew about this was Mr Vorhees.

Somehow it felt comforting to share with him my anxiety. He is also the first person who comes to my mind after my family members.

From this accident, I somehow felt how fragile a life is and we should appreciate people that we love before we lose them. Tell them and appreciate them before it is too late.

Because of this sudden rush of feelings and thoughts, I again tumble down the blocks that I am building up and maintaining well the last 2 weeks. Again, I had made Mr Vorhees disappointed and annoyed with my actions of "deafness" and insisted my way even he said 'no' already.  I am seriously sorry for my inconsideration. You know I don't mean not to listen to you. Just that my heart took over my head(including my ears).

Sigh. I am seriously hopeless in this area of life.

P.S: Mr Vorhees, if you are reading this, I'm regretting it and this I promise will be the LAST time.

0 comments (click to comment):