God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Friday, January 22, 2010

The relation of Life and Installation process

I was super busy the last few days, having about 4 hours of sleep each day. This busyness somehow kept me away from thinking about some things that has been troubling me.

What am I busy with, some of you may wonder. I was busy editing a video for my coming D&D which is in another 18 hours time. Lots of unexpected incidents happened when I'm trying to publish the movie such as subtitles do not match with the video even though in the project it coincided and the inability to publish the movie due to various reasons.

But something strike my mind when I was publishing the movie and it just stopped at 96% , estimated time left - 6 mins. The status bar never moved even after waiting for 5-10 minutes.

What strike my mind was, isn't life the same?


Events in life is sometimes like an installation process in a computer.



 It sets you in a dilemma when the process get hang/stuck at 96% completed - whether to wait or to cancel and start all over again.
In the event that we decided to wait, we wonder how long should we wait? What if we waited and nothing happens and wasted our time waiting? If we decided to cancel and start all over again..... what if it hangs again?!?! This definitely decreases our morale. With all these failures, sometimes we can't help but think that maybe we should give up the installation program altogether, maybe it wasn't meant to be for us to use the program. Worse still, sometimes the PC crashes in the process and causes much damages before we can react to it.

As far as life takes me, I will try and try. Until..... I am totally feeling tired of trying.... to the extent of feeling hopeless. And if it really happens, trust me. I will give up totally and never look back. May not even try or touch it again.

Trust me. Been there, done that, rather a few times in my life.

0 comments (click to comment):